The Loony Lampoonist

Mr. Lampooner in the hereafter.


Read the origin of Mr. Lampooner, literary superhero in chapter 1 of this epic saga here :
http://loonylampoonery.blogspot.com/2008/06/mr-lampooner-literary-superhero.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4 : Mr. Lampooner in the hereafter.

Armed with my trusty Quill of Mockery, I travel this land of strange typography. As far as the eye can see, bizarre formations dot the landscape. I see sights and hear sounds that my senses have never encountered before in my journeys.

"What strange book have I leapt into this time?", I ask myself.

The book is presumably not written in English, explaining the strange typography of this land. In my journeys I have encountered literature in other tongues, finding myself at ease in their grammar. I have even traversed the literature of the Arabian lands, famed for their reverse sentence construction, causing the rivers to flow from the seas into the land and the Sun himself to rise in the west and set in the east. However, never before have I, Mr. Lampooner, literary superhero, set foot in a landscape so alien as this.

I see images of death all around me. They appear in symbols. The symbolism is all pervading. Is this a language constructed with symbolic alphabets? Each symbol seems to have a meaning of its own, representing a concept or an idea.

My train of thought is derailed by a booming voice.

"Who art thou?", asks a man, skin painted the deepest green, dressed in a pharaoh outfit.

"I am Mr. Lampooner, literary superhero.", replies I, in awe of the aura that envelops the man.

"A self proclaimed superhero? How boringly boastful. What right have you to enter this sacred text?"

I hold up my parodic licence. "This gives me the right."

"A licence to parody? Very well then, carry out your vile deed. But, have you any idea where you have landed?"

"I seem to recognise a few hieroglyphs. Have I fallen into Egyptian literature?"

"Yes. The Egyptian Book of the Dead, to be specific."

"Great Cleopatra's Garters! Then you must be Osiris, God of the Dead!"

"Yes. And I hope you've paid your mummifiers in advance. You are in the Afterlife."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this the last chapter of the saga of Mr. Lampooner, literary superhero?

posted by foogarky @ 12:32 PM,

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Mihir Pathare said...

Pass me the tissues. It's always a tearful moment when the main character dies... T_T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

foogarky

foogarky is the pseudonym of the fictional construct who battles for supremacy with other constructed personas in the mind of a crazed individual. He describes himself as a man living in a non descript house in Rio De Janiero, Brazil with two dogs and a parakeet.

About This Blog

The Loony Lampoonist serves to parody, spoof and satirize everything that needs to be parodied, spoofed and satirized. Due to the fictional nature of this electronic journal, any anecdotes appearing here ever so often that seem to be personal in nature, would suffer from the effects of conflicting personalities, the creation of fictional events and the inclusion of non existent characters who did not make it to the big league in the author's literary works. Thus, the Loony Lampoonist is also a purgatory for characters and ideas that have missed the limelight.


Search Archives





Blog The Web

Archives

Previous Posts

Chat

Add The Loony Lampoonist to your chat list today and save the life of an endangered elk. Every add prompts us to the send a prayer to Pan, the Forest God on behalf of the elk.



Shout Box

The Loony Lampoonist Inc. is a no-hope-of-profit organisation dedicated to distorting fiction for the purposes of satire and parody. We welcome donations to cover our operation costs and ridiculously high legal expenses. All donations are tax-deductible in the Bahamas. If your tightwaddery gets the better of you, we can offer an alternative. Offer us a few words of encouragement in our Shout Box and we'll survive on that. That and oxygen.



Dedicated to


    Robert E Howard
    and his creation

    Conan the Cimmerian

Links

Fame Meter



 Subscribe in a reader

Add to Technorati Favorites